- What is the best morning skincare routine for glowing skin?
A consistent AM and PM skincare routine is essential if you’re looking for that special glow!
Overall, skincare is significant in Traditional Persian Medicine because it emphasises holistic well-being, preventive measures, natural therapies, customised approaches, and beauty enhancement. Healthy, glowing, radiant skin is believed to reflect internal balance and overall well-being.
A consistent AM and PM skincare routine is essential if you’re looking for that special glow! It helps to remove dirt, oil, and dead skin cells, hydrate your skin, and protect it from the sun’s harmful rays.
Why is it important to follow an AM and PM skincare routine in a specific order?
This is because each product has a specific function. Applying products in the correct order will ensure that they can penetrate your skin effectively and work their best.
Here is a step-by-step guide to the best AM and PM skincare routine:
The first step in your morning skincare routine is to cleanse your face. This will remove dirt, oil, and dead skin cells accumulated overnight. Choose a gentle cleanser that is formulated for your skin type. SefidabÓ from The East To West Lifestyle CoÓ is the perfect product to detox your skin and create a deeply cleaned surface for your other products to penetrate.
After cleansing, apply a toner to your face. Toner helps to balance your skin’s pH levels and remove any remaining impurities.
Serums are concentrated products containing active ingredients targeting specific skin concerns. Apply a serum to your face after cleansing and toning.
Moisturiser is essential for keeping your skin hydrated. Apply a moisturiser to your face and neck after applying your serum.
It’s vital that as part of your AM skincare routine, your morning skincare should apply sunscreen to protect from harmful UV that causes premature ageing. Choose a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and apply it generously to your face and neck every morning, even on cloudy days.
Are Natural Skincare Products Better?
Everyone is different, so there is no simple YES or NO answer. Traditional Persian Medicine favours the plant-based approach, and here are some common substances below to help balance your humours and improve blood circulation.
– Sandalwood (Santalum album): It has cooling, soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. It is used for treating acne, sunburn, rashes and skin infections.
– Turmeric (Curcuma longa): It has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is used for treating wounds, scars, inflammation and pigmentation.
– Saffron (Crocus sativus): It has rejuvenating, moisturising and brightening properties. It is used for enhancing complexion and reducing wrinkles and blemishes.
– Aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis) has healing, hydrating and anti-ageing properties. It is used for soothing irritation, burns, cuts and dryness.
– Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum): It has cleansing, nourishing and exfoliating properties. It is used for removing dead cells, blackheads and impurities.
For more information on Traditional Persian Medicine or products from The East To West Lifestyle CoÓ, go to etwlife and follow me @etwlife.com
Love & Light